Here’s a list of topics I considered writing about, but rejected for lack of anything worthwhile coming together into coherent sentences: 9/11, StrengthsFinder, “an open letter from a pastor to churches everywhere”, why I’m a Quaker, and whether the Oregon Ducks will be able to play their “A” game and beat the Sooners on Saturday.
Instead, I’m grateful for these God sightings:
- “Oh, dear Lord, three things I pray: to see thee more clearly, to love thee more dearly, to follow thee more nearly…” (But not the Godspell version; it was DC Talk, on the newly instituted “Song of the Day” ritual as I take three middle school girls to school. And to them, DC Talk is an oldie.)
- “Christ did not die to make us nicer people…but so that we can enter a radical love affair that will change us forever.” Brennan Manning today at chapel.
- Lunch with Elaine, peaceful, leisurely…because all three kids were at school.
- My parents going above and beyond the call of duty to help us out.
- An e-mail from a friend, saying he’d like to get together to talk and listen if I would find that helpful.